Tuesday 30 November 2010

Welcome to my journey

Tuesday, September 7, 2010 was the first day of school for my boys AND it was the day I had a major stroke and several seizures followed by brain surgery. Needless to say, statistically I am very lucky to be alive.

Since then, I spent two and a half months in hospitals and I will begin additional rehabilitation at the Acquired Brain Injury facility here in Ottawa, ON Canada.

I am still me in many ways but I am no longer the same as I was before... I look forward to sharing this with you as my journey needs not to be in silence or isolation.

Come with me!

Jen

P.S. I am looking forward to sharing this journey with you as I recover from a stroke. I hope that this will be a useful way to share information with:
- those I love
- those who have something in common with me
- those who want me to answer my darn phone more
- those who are someone (or love someone) who has suffered from a stroke


Buckle up! My first post will be tomorrow...

9 comments:

  1. Wow.
    I'll be following along - hope each step is stronger than the one before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen,

    I cannot believe this news. after all that you have been through...it is truly unbelievable. nevertheless, you are the strongest person I know. Please let me know if there is ANYTHING I can do to support this journey. Thank you for sharing it...ad I look forward to seeing your smiling face soon..

    lotsa love Marty

    ...sorry... for some reason.. Scott's name keeps coming up on the post.... you know... so technically challenged...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jen:

    You are a determined lady.
    I met you when I was in hospital.
    It is realy unbelievable we both have come this far.
    Each day we get stronger and stronger with the help from those around us.
    ALL THE BEST and LOVE .. Fred

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jen - though we've not met face to face, I have held you in light of God's healing love since the day your Dad shared the news with me ... and will continue to do so.
    In Christ.
    Rev. Glen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jen, undoubtedly your blog will help others and will prove to be a healing tool in your recovery process. We are on this journey with you each step of the way as your illness has greatly touched our lives. You are an amazing woman and will forever hold a very special place in our hearts. We love you very much and know that love can conquer all!

    Elizabeth and David ( Mom and Dad Millenor)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you're finding your voice in the midst of all you've been through. Like Jill, I echo the sentiment and offer my prayers for a full recovery, one step at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank-you for doing this blog, Jennifer. Our hearts are full with love for you. Aunt Arlene and Uncle David

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jen, I was very upset to learn this news today. You are one of the best people I know, and I can't believe this has happened to you. I wondered why you weren't responding to my email lunch invitations, and Jody told me today that you had suffered this horrible event.
    My thoughts are with you and your family, and if you need anything at all, please let me know!
    Jen Savoy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Smiling at you all :)

    I re-read these comments often when I need the reassurance. Thank you!!!!

    ReplyDelete