Saturday 29 January 2011

In and Out, Round and Round, Upside Down and Back

I remember as a little girl dreaming big dreams. Recently, I shared with a dear friend that I used to want to be a ballerina, and a prosecuting attorney, and a teacher, and an astronaut and the Prime Minister of Canada (yes, all at the same time).

But my dreams didn't end as I aged. When I was in my early 20s I recall feeling certain that if I flapped my wings hard enough I would fly. At night, I would dream of soaring high in the sky - sun and wind and nothing but the open horizon ... and the freedom of life.
 
Then, around the time that I spread my wings and left my parent's safe nest, life was complicated with terrible experiences in so many ways. Despite the protection, love and care of parents, life eventually taps on everyone's shoulder with a sucker punch. That said, you too have likely suffered your own scars or bruises and I am always grateful for my blessings - mindful that no matter what challenges I have faced in this world, there are those who face worse every day. Today, I think in particular of those who are sick, or lost, or at the mercy of the world with a nation nothing like Canada to carefully provide for them as much as possible.

Interestingly, my dreams have recently returned to vivid and colourful experiences very joyful and similar to my youth. If no more is possible, I wish colourful and joyful dreams for those who suffer.

-----------------

Okay so for those who are following my stroke recovery, my latest challenge has been my incision's very poor progress to heal. This week I was started on antibiotics to ensure that I don't have an infection in the vicinity of my brain surgery. Of course you may recall that the surgery was September 8, 2010 and we are soon approaching five months. My antibiotic should be helpful but I am being cautious not to expose myself to any unnecessary viruses.

In INR news... my INR skyrocketed to 3.9 just over a month ago and then plummetted to 1.4 a few weeks ago. This week it was 2.4 so my thrombosis team is pleased with that result but they expect my antibiotic to destabilize my INR levels again... luckily, I have the best medical assistance and I have become quite fond of the woman I spend so much time with giving her a vial of my blood once a week (*waves* Hi Sophie).

Time for a rest ... but ... if your birthday is today (and you know who you are) I send out a birthday wish and much love for the coming year with wisdom, peace and good health.

Jen

My youngest son's Get Well card art

No comments:

Post a Comment