Saturday 9 April 2011

I am...

...alive (when I may have died in other eras)
...brave (when I least expect it)
...quiet (when the words fail me - or are not words I want tied to me)
...inspired (by sunshine and a warm breeze)
...proud (of my sons and my family)
...sorry (for my new prioritization of me before most others)
...learning (how to be the receiver and not the giver)
...strong (to say no, if it is what is best)
...silly (when I feel like laughing over nothing at all)
...loving (for those around me who deserve so much of my affection)
...grumpy (when I am not able to keep up)
...creative (when I have space to dream)
...amazed (when I consider how far I have come)
...numb (when I consider the road ahead)
...hopeful (when the sun comes up the next day)

Be well,

Jen

2 comments:

  1. I am.. blessed to know you! - Lisa
    P.S. Here is a link I thought you might like to read sometime...
    http://www.butyoudontlooksick.com/articles/written-by-christine/the-spoon-theory-written-by-christine-miserandino/

    ReplyDelete
  2. [removed my previous reply because I couldn't attach a PDF version of the story as I had hoped I could]

    That was a wonderful gift, Lisa! Thank you so much.

    Fav quote: (grammar, spelling, etc as per author)
    "Its hard, the hardest thing I ever had to learn is to slow down, and not do everything. I fight this to this day. I hate feeling left out, having to choose to stay home, or to not get things done that I want to. I wanted her to feel that frustration. I wanted her to understand, that everything everyone else does comes so easy, but for me it is one hundred little jobs in one. I need to think about the weather, my temperature that day, and the whole day’s plans before I can attack any one given thing. When other people can simply do things, I have to attack it and make a plan like I am strategizing a war. It is in that lifestyle, the difference between being sick and healthy. It is the beautiful ability to not think and just do. I miss that freedom. I miss never having to count “spoons.” "

    ReplyDelete