Saturday 30 April 2011

Wounds that heal

In case I forget how far I have come...

This is from when i was well enough to have asked for my BlackBerry and to have remembered how to use it...

These were in October 2010. The bleeding stopped about a week ago (April 2011).







I still have massive scars in my hair - sometimes I wish they weren't so well hidden. I wish they were across my face so that people couldn't forget that I am recovering from a brain hemorrhage and a very immense brain surgery. But I know that it's a blessing not to be left with that too (but imagine having high expectations of a person in a wheelchair... we might change our expectations then I think).

Since then I have had one experience they call a TIA (Transient Ischemic Attack) which is likely a clot passing and briefly stopping in a vein/artery in the brain. It lasted about an hour with only a couple of the famous five warning signs (I had trouble speaking and understanding). It was scary but it passed - this was late Feb.

I have tried not to talk about it and not to dwell on it but it's part of who I am so I am sharing that with you.

If you are wondering about why I never call you - please don't forget that I am disabled (particularly with regard to sound and with visual stimulation).

I guess the choices are to love me anyway and be quiet or to be insulted and leave.

Either way I understand and I will still love you.

Be well,

Jen

P.S. This entry was called "wounds that heal" because there are some that never entirely heal.


No comments:

Post a Comment