Wednesday 2 March 2011

Missing my Mom

Two years ago from Feb 28 I lost my Mom. More accurately, we ALL lost my Mom.

In that one day, I witnessed the most bitter loss of my life and the most liberating release of hers.

There aren't really words to say how much it hurts or how deep I feel it or acutely I miss her.

Hard to believe that she never knew me as a stroke patient. I am thankful to the Lord that He spared me from this while I was caring for her.

I would love to feel her arms around me or her hand stroking my face... but I wouldn't have kept her in that misery for any benefit.

When Mom was leaving we all gathered around her bed, we knew it was happening, and her brothers and their wives were there as well as Dad and my brother and Kirk and I. We held hands and we prayed and we waited quietly while I whispered in her ear that it was okay to let go and go Home. We promised her to take care of each other and we waited while she released her firm grasp on our hands.

I remember after she passed and the pain had stopped assaulting her, I finally was able to get back into bed with her and cuddle her after many months of not being able to hold her properly... so did my brother... and for a moment we snuggled up to our Mommy the way we always had from the first breath we took in this world.

We love you Mom!

And I have a bone to pick with you... what gives you the right to knock me off the ladder on my swift ascent to your side?!?! *smiles* Just kidding, Mom, I know it was because I was impatient and way ahead of schedule... either that or the people at this end who fixed my leak were on your side ;)

See you Mom!

Jen
xoxox....

No comments:

Post a Comment